UX DesignerCluj-Napoca, Romania & Bucharest, Romania Technology Job ID ROM_037
Who We Are – MassMutual Romania
MassMutual Romania, with offices in Bucharest and Cluj, was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development, support, and quality assurance to support MassMutual and its affiliates, including Haven Tech, in creating digital products and technology solutions.
Haven Tech is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple. We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly, and don't take themselves too seriously. If you're creative, professional, and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
As an UX Designer employed at MassMutual Romania and working exclusively for the Haven Tech business group, you will be responsible for helping to build the administrative software platform for our current and future clients.
As a UX Designer, you'll become an integral part of a small, growing design team. You will design interfaces for insurance tech products, including consumer-facing apps and specialized back-end systems.
You will own design projects from beginning to end, from generating early concepts to crafting high-fidelity prototypes. You’ll be a manager of one, creating a design strategy for each project, determining what approach to take, and taking responsibility for the quality of what your team designs and builds.
While you’ll be handling projects independently, you won’t be alone. You’ll work closely with the other members of our design team, sharing ideas, collecting feedback, offering help, using and improving our internal design systems, and promoting a team culture that emphasizes learning, openness, humility, craftsmanship, and constant improvement.
You’ll also work tightly with the software engineers, QA engineers, and product managers who will help to craft and deliver the solutions you will design
- Design the user experience for insurance tech products
- Conduct research to discover needs, collect feedback, test usability, compare alternative designs, and assess user satisfaction
- Summarize research findings and present them to the team
- Collaborate with product managers to define requirements, prioritize issues, and brainstorm solutions
- Create low- to high- fidelity outputs (sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes)
- Present and explain designs to clients and internal stakeholders
- Work closely with a cross-functional agile software development team
- Contribute to our design culture by participating in design critiques, sharing your work, helping teammates with their projects, and suggesting better ways of working
- Advocate for customer needs, good design, and accessibility
- Help maintain and improve our internal design systems
- Document the user experience with user stories, journey maps, process diagrams, user flow diagrams, site maps, etc.
- 5+ years experience in user experience and user interface design
- A portfolio demonstrating multiple projects, including complex application design and high-fidelity UI design
- Experience designing for complex workflows
- Experience conducting user interviews and user testing
- Expertise creating wireframes, diagrams, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Proficiency with Figma
- An interest in designing for systems with intricate requirements and system logic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and able to plan, prioritize and manage your design projects
Jobs Like This One
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
For more than 170 years, MassMutual has put its customers at the heart of what it does by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Its long-term strategy helps ensure that policyowners and their loved ones can rely on them to be there when they need them most.